Lifesaving Instructor (LSI)
This course is also known as the Mega-LSI course and Lifesaving and First Aid Instructor course. You will be able to do a lot!
Once completed, you will be able to instruct the Canadian Swim Patrol, Bronze Levels, Distinction, Swim for Life, Swim to Survive, and Lifesaving First Aid. Candidates will also be Examiners for the Bronze levels and Distinction. The LSI course is about 44 hours long.
- One of : National Lifeguard (NLS), or Bronze Cross, or Distinction;
- Age 16+; and,
- Standard First Aid (One of: Red Cross, St John Ambulance, Lifesaving Society, Criti-Care EMS, Manitoba Safety Services, or Heart Beat ECSI).
- We will be running a Crash Spring Course
- Friday, May 20, 5:00-9:30pm
- Saturday, May 21, 8:00-5:30
- Sunday, May 22, 8:00-5:30
- Monday (Victoria Day), May 23, 8:00-4:00
- Saturday, May 28, 8:30-5:30
- There will be one additional evening and it will be done through zoom.
- This is $499. GST will be added to the total.
Lifesaving Instructor Recertification (LSIR)
Your LSI is good for two years. After that, you must recertify to maintain your certification.
If you have expired, you have a five-year grace period. You can simply take an LSI Recert and become recertified. If it is longer than that, there are some options so please contact us.
Upcoming LSI Recerts:
- Friday, June 24, 8:30-4:30, at Birds Hill Park waterfront.
- More dates will be added as covid restrictions are eased. If you would like to schedule your own LSI Recert, we can certainly do that. There must be at least 4 people, and everything is subject to covid restrictions.
- There are two steps to register. First, use the Registration Form above. Then, use the PayPal field below to use your Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
Stand-Alone Lifesaving First Aid Instructor and Recertifications
We can do Stand Alone Lifesaving First Aid Instructor courses and recertifications on request. Contact us.
Stand-Alone Swim For Life Instructor and Recertifications
We can do Stand Alone Swim For Life Instructor courses and recertifications on request. Contact us.