Lifesaving Instructor (LSI)
This course is also known as the Mega-LSI course and Lifesaving and First Aid Instructor course. Once completed, candidates will be able to instruct the Canadian Swim Patrol, Bronze Levels, Distinction, Swim for Life, Swim to Survive, and the Lifesaving First Aid. Candidates will also be Examiners for the Bronze levels and Distinction. The LSI course is about 44 hours long.
Standard First Aid; one of National Lifeguard (NLS), or Bronze Cross, or Distinction; Age 16+
- These locations are tentative and may be updated.
Spring 2020 Crash Course:
Victoria Day Long Weekend Plus One Extra Sunday
With the arrival of COVID-19 in Manitoba, all pools have been closed resulting in the postponement of all programs.
The Spring Crash Course has been re-scheduled to be the following:
Monday, June 1, 8:30-5:30; Cindy Klassen Rec Complex (CKRC) Tuesday, June 2, 8:30-3:30; Cindy Klassen Rec Complex (CKRC) Monday, June 22, 8:30-5:30; Birds Hill Park Waterfront; Tuesday, June 23, 8:30-5:30; Birds Hill Park Waterfront; Wednesday, June 24, 8:30-5:30; Birds Hill Park Waterfront.
Lifesaving Instructor Recertification (LSIR)
Current LSI and current in Manitoba, or within 2-year grace period of its expiration. (Please contact us if you are outside the 2-year expiration, or you were last certified in another Province.)
- There must be at least 4 people in the course or it will be cancelled.
- With the arrival of COVID-19 in Manitoba, all pools have been closed resulting in the postponement of all programs.
- If you were registered in an LSI Recert between March 16 and June 15, your recert has been postponed. You may choose one of the following dates. Send me an email saying what your original date was, your first choice and second choice. I will move you over accordingly.
- Upcoming courses:
- Friday, June 26, 1:00-9:00; Birds Hill Park Waterfront; OR,
- Saturday, July 25, 8:30-4:30; Birds Hill Park Waterfront; OR,
- Saturday, August 29, 8:30-4:30; Gimli Waterfront; OR,
- Friday, September 11, 8:30-3:30; Birds Hill Park Waterfront; OR,
- Thursday, October 1, 8:30-3:30; Pan-Am Pool; OR,
- Wednesday, November 25, 8:30-3:30; Cindy Klassen Rec Complex; OR,
- Thursday, December 17, 8:30-3:30; Pan-Am Pool; OR,
- If these dates don’t work with your schedule, we can set up one that will match your schedule. There must be a minimum of 4 people.
- Price: $119.05 + GST
- You may register by using PayPal/ Visa/ MasterCard below.