Proficient Training was founded in 2011 by Brian Derkach to provide quality rescue training and aquatics training, and Instructors of the same. Brian is an Aquatics Expert and has been involved with water safety and first aid for some time as a former Instructor-Lifeguard and Deck Supervisor for the City of Winnipeg, former Pool Manager of the Selkirk Community Pool, and former Program Representative for First Aid and Water Safety Services for the Canadian Red Cross. He is a Water Safety Instructor Trainer and First Aid Instructor Trainer for the Red Cross; a Lifesaving Instructor Trainer and National Lifeguard Instructor for the Lifesaving Society; and, a Basic Life Support and Standard First Aid Instructor Trainer for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Brian is also an Environmental Practitioner and LEED Accredited Professional, and has contributed to the design and development of recreation and aquatic facilities such as North Centennial Pool in Winnipeg, the Brandon Healthy Living Centre and the University of Manitoba Active Living Centre.
Brian has delivered more Instructor and Leadership courses than anyone else in Manitoba. Proficient Training staff are selected from the best of the candidates in the Instructor programs and from Brian’s large network of contacts. Our courses are delivered in multiple locations.
The best way to contact Proficient Training is by email but here is all the contact information:
Phone/ Text: 204-770-0063
Facebook: Proficient Training
Address: (Office Only) 51 Wynford Drive, Winnipeg, MB R2C 3T8 Canada
It is my goal to:
- Provide the best training that I can.
- Professionally represent the organizations whose courses I teach.
- Actively support, and continue to support, those charities which represent my core values; including, but not limited to, the Canadian Red Cross, the Lifesaving Society of Canada, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, World Vision Canada, Doctors Without Borders, Kiva, the Lake Winnipeg Foundation, and the David Suzuki Foundation.
- Operate the company in an environmentally responsible manner. The target is net-zero emissions. Carbon use will be limited, mitigated, and/or offset.
- Follow the tenets of ISO 26000, the International Standard Guidelines for Corporate Social Responsibility.
Owner-Operator/ Managing Instructor