Bronze Medallion/ Bronze Cross Challenges
We regularly offer Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross Challenge Courses. We also run Bronze Cross Recertifications. Bronze Medallion teaches an understanding of the lifesaving principles embodied in the four components of water-rescue education: judgment, knowledge, skill and fitness. Rescuers learn tows and carries, and defense methods and releases in preparation for challenging rescues of increased risk involving conscious and unconscious victims of various types.
Bronze Cross is designed for lifesavers who want the challenge of more advanced training including an introduction to safe supervision in aquatic facilities. Bronze Cross is a prerequisite for all advanced training programs including National Lifeguard and Lifesaving Instructor certification. It includes a timed 600-metre swim.
Prerequisites for Bronze Medallion: Age 13, or Bronze Star; it is implied that the candidate knows how to swim. Prerequisites for Bronze Cross: Bronze Medallion.
Our classes are small so we can offer them combined.
All participants will have to pay a public swim admission or use their facility use card to enter the pool area.
Upcoming Full Courses
- All full courses in City of Winnipeg pools are postponed because of covid.
Bronze Cross Recertification/ Challenge $109.00
- Thursday, May 20, 1:00-5:00. Location: Birds Hill Park Waterfront.
- Friday, June 25, 1:00-5:00. Location: Birds Hill Park Waterfront.
- Other dates will be posted soon.
- To register, use the form at this link FORM and use the PayPal Button below.